The Las Vegas Sphere: Revolutionizing Entertainment in Sin City
There’s no shortage of entertainment options in Las Vegas. However, the Sphere at the Venetian Resort (which some refer to simply as the “Las Vegas Sphere”) is a unique entertainment venue that may stand out among the already very impressive competition. Keep reading to learn more about how the Sphere will leverage innovative technology and artistry to deliver an experience like no other.
The Sphere at the Venetian Resort: What You Need to Know About the New Las Vegas Entertainment Venue
The following are key facts to help you understand what the Las Vegas Sphere is and why it’s attracted significant media attention despite not even being open to the public yet:
- As the name implies, the venue is in a spherical shape. It boasts 81,300 square meters of outdoor surface area, making it the world’s largest spherical building. The venue will also feature the largest LED wall in the world.
- The Madison Square Garden Company announced plans to construct the Las Vegas Sphere in 2018, calling it the MSG Sphere at the time. The company’s initial plan was to open the venue in 2021. However, the Covid-19 pandemic resulted in supply chain issues that forced the Madison Square Garden Company to change the opening date.
- The seating capacity for the Sphere at the Venetian Resort is set at 18,600. The property covers a total of about 18 acres. For standing capacity, the venue has space for 20,000 people.
- The venue’s exterior offers 580,000 square feet of lighting that owners and management may customize, allowing the venue to feature holiday lights in December, spooky light displays in October, etc.
- The Las Vegas Sphere’s property will offer 304 dedicated parking spaces. Guests may also park in the garages for Venetian, Venetian Expo, and Palazzo, all of which are within easy walking distance.
Getting to the Sphere may become even easier in the near future. During the project’s original development, plans were in place to construct a new Las Vegas monorail station connecting the venue to the Venetian. Although budget issues have resulted in these plans being put on hold, it’s possible they may resume sometime in the future.
What to Experience at the Las Vegas Sphere
The Sphere at the Venetian, which officially opens on September 29, 2023, will primarily serve as a venue for concerts, film screenings, and similar entertainment events. U2 will perform several concerts to introduce the venue to the public. The Edge, U2’s guitarist, stated “There’s nothing like it. It’s light years ahead of everything that’s out there” during a tour of the facility.
The Sphere technically isn’t a sports venue. However, it may be able to play host to certain types of sporting events, including ring-based events such as MMA fights. The Sphere may also host esports tournaments one day.
Check the schedule of upcoming events routinely if you live in the area or often visit Las Vegas. Again, although the city may already be home to some of the world’s most famous entertainment attractions, based on what we know so far, it’s evident that The Sphere may offer an experience like none other.
Smile When You Visit The Sphere!
You may be taking pictures when you visit this new venue that looks set to become an iconic part of the Las Vegas landscape. You’ll be happier with how those pictures turn out if you’re happy with your smile.
Our team at Las Vegas Endodontics, offering root canal therapy, cracked teeth treatment, and more may be able to help. Learn more by contacting us online or calling us at 702-876-5800 to request an appointment.